Once your wedding license has been recorded, Utah County’s system will generate the final legal certificate and email that to you, normally within a few minutes to a few hours after the wedding has been completed.
When you get the email with the final certificate, you may then order the apostille. Follow the directions below to order your apostilled copies.
Click the button above to follow along step by step. This will open their page in a new window.
- Click the Search Marriage Records button to begin the process.
On the next screen, begin by filling in your name on the search form as Lastname, Firstname and click Search.
2. Look for your name in the list displayed and click on it. If you don’t see your name, check the spelling and try again. Be very sure you are clicking on the correct name and marriage date.
3. Your name and that of your spouse, marriage license number and date of ceremony will be displayed. Click the button labeled “Order an Apostille”
4. The page will change to display the button “Place your Order”. Click on the button to proceed
5. Fill in the information and choose how you would like your apostilled copies or copies. If you are using the document in more than one country, you must place a new order for each country.
6. Continue with the order form. At this time you may also select your document shipping country.
There are two options here to pay close attention to. Some countries require the original license application to be attached to the apostille. This is where to order that option. If you need the apostille shipped to more than one country, you MUST do two separate orders and pay separately.
7. Continue with the form by filling in the shipping and billing information for this order.
8. Complete your order by entering your payment card information. At this time you can ONLY use the card types indicated on the top of this form – VISA, Mastercard, or Discover.
Please note that this process may take up to 15-30 business days. In real time, this may translate to 3-6 weeks or more for your documents to arrive.